RECREATIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
Classes will begin on: Monday September 13, 2021
Last day of classes: Saturday June 4, 2022
Year-End Recital is on: Sunday June 5, 2022 (in the evening)
* All students are required to dance at the year-end Recital. More information to come.
- Premiere Dance Inc. reserves the right to cancel or combine any classes with less than 4 students enrolled. Parents will be notified immediately of any changes or options.
- A newsletter will be emailed each month with updates as to events, contests, holidays, recital information, etc. Please ensure our office has your correct email.
- COVID-19 – PDI has some restrictions in place with regards to our cleaning practices, kitchen area, change rooms and seating areas as well as entry into the premise. Please instruct your child(ren) and adhere to the following main precautions (will be reassessed as government policies are re-evaluated):
- Masks are mandatory in all common places.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for daily monitoring of their child(ren)’s temperature and signs of illness prior to entering the studio. DO NOT enter the facility if sick.
- Hand sanitization stations throughout the premise.
- Reduced or limited class sizes (according to regulations) and online learning options available.
- Change rooms, kitchen areas are temporarily closed.
- Commercial grade sanitization machines are used at beginning and end of each day.
- In order to avoid any misinformation or concerns, please direct any issues or questions directly to Carla Marques, Owner and Director. Kindly setup an appointment with the office.
- All students must be respectful of fellow members. Please respect the personal property of others. Premiere Dance Inc. is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items brought into the studio.
- Premiere Dance Inc. will not be responsible for any injuries that occur on the premises. Please review and sign full Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk and Waiver and Release form.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: please call the office after 2:30pm to hear a message regarding any weather cancellations. An email will also be sent.
- Registration Fee: $40 (+ HST) is due upon registration and is non-refundable.
- Costume Fee(s): $100 per costume is due on October 1, 2021. Costumes will vary in price. Any additional costs over the initial $100 payment will be paid upon completion of costume and any savings will be put towards your monthly fees or refunded.
- Tuition: The yearly fee is based on a 10-month finance plan (Sept 1, 2021 to and including June 1, 2022) depending on the classes and number of classes that are registered. Please reach out to us for a complete list.
- If your child misses a class due to illness or family emergency, make-up classes may be made available within the current schedule. The online classes may be another option for any missed classes. Please reach out to our office immediately.
- COVID-19 Quarantine: PLEASE NOTIFY THE STUDIO OR CARLA IMMEDIATELY IF STUDENT IS MISSING CLASS DUE TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19. We will make available to this student an online viewing of the class so they may remain up to date with on-going choreography. No credit or refund for the missed class(es).
- ON LINE / VIRTUAL CLASSES:
- This is an alternative class option to help allow students that are not comfortable being in studio, may not be able to attend in studio classes due to illness or quarantine.
- This will also become the replacement class should another government shutdown/lockdown happen due to COVID19 and businesses will close temporarily.
- No additional fees will be levied for online virtual classes. Monthly tuition fees will continue. No credits, refunds or partial refunds will be given.
- Post-dated cheques payable to Premiere Dance Inc.
- E-transfers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash (in person only)
- Visa or Mastercard (a 3.5% convenience fee will be applied)
- NSF FEES: $45 NSF fee will be billed to your account for:
- Returned cheque
- Returned or cancelled e-transfers
- Returned or disputed Visa or Mastercard transactions
- NSF FEES: $45 NSF fee will be billed to your account for:
STUDENT CANCELLATION/DROP OUT: should a student decide to leave PDI, the following are cancellation notices:
- Registration fee is not refundable.
- Costume payment is not refundable after: January 15, 2022. (Full refund if BEFORE Jan 15, 2022)
- Monthly payment will stop the following month after cancellation by parent/guardian. Any outstanding payments will be due immediately. No refunds or partial refunds for current month (month of cancellation).
- Ballet: Black body suit, pink tights and pink ballet slippers
- Jazz: Any colour body suit, proper tights and foot undies or BLOC black jazz boot
- Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing with white soled running shoes
- Tap: Any colour body suit, tights and black Mary Jane tap shoes
- Acro: Any colour body suit, shorts, fitted tops and bare feet
ATTENDANCE: unless for illness, attendance is very important as each class is a team and consideration should be given to team members, especially during the months before recital when choreography is being taught. The Staff, Students and Parents must work co-operatively to help create a non-competitive, healthy and fun atmosphere within the Studio. Please encourage your child(ren) to be a part of a team . . . the PDI Team.
RECITAL INFORMATION: Premiere Dance will present a Year-End Dance Recital showcasing all the students’ hard work. All students are to participate in this event.
- If your child is unable to attend, please notify the office by: January 15, 2022
- Date of Recital: Sunday June 5, 2022 Location: Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Recital Dress Rehearsal: this is mandatory and will take place at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre on the morning of Sunday June 5, 2022 (Schedule to be advised).
- Recital Costumes: costumes will be given out throughout the months of April and May 2022. Costumes will come with all accessories/costume/instruction sheets in a garment bag labeled with your child’s name and class time. Shoes and tights are NOT included in the costume fee; provided by you.
- Recital Tickets: an email reminder will be sent out. Tickets can be purchased directly from BPAC online. (Varies each year from $30 to $40 per ticket – this is an assumption for 2022 year).
RECREATIONAL PICTURE DAY: picture day will be held during the month of May 2022. More details of date and times will be forthcoming in the early new year.
HOLIDAY INFORMATION: the Studio will be CLOSED for the following:
|Thanksgiving||Monday October 11, 2021|
|Christmas Break||Monday December 20, 2021 to Monday January 3, 2022 (inclusive)|
|Family Day||Monday February 21, 2022|
|March Break||Monday March 14, 2022 to Saturday March 19, 2022 (inclusive)|
Friday April 15, 2022
Sunday April 17, 2022
Monday April 18, 2022
|Victoria Day||Monday May 23, 2022|