RECREATIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Classes will begin on: Monday September 14, 2020
Last day of classes: Saturday June 5, 2021
Year-End Recital is on: Sunday June 6, 2021 (in the evening)
* All students are required to dance at the year-end Recital. More information to come.
- Premiere Dance Inc. reserves the right to cancel or combine any classes with less than 7 students enrolled. Parents will be notified immediately of any changes or options.
- A newsletter will be emailed three times a year with updates as to events, holidays, recital information, etc. Please ensure our office has your correct email.
- Due to COVID-19protocols, PDI has placed some restrictions with regards to our kitchen area, change rooms and seating areas as well as entry into the premise. Please instruct your child(ren) and adhere to the following main precautions:
o Masks are mandatory in all common places.
o Screening station upon entry with thermal temperature check (logged record).
o Self-assessment questions (ask us for a copy).
o Floor markings throughout the premise and studios (2 m apart to promote physical distancing).
o Hand sanitization stations throughout the premise.
o Reduced class sizes and online learning options available.
o Change rooms, kitchen area are temporarily closed.
o Commercial grade sanitization machines are used at beginning and end of each day.
- In order to avoid any misinformation or concerns, please direct any issues or questions directlyto Carla Marques, Owner and Director. Kindly setup an appointment with the office.
- All students must be respectful of fellow members. Please respect the personal property of others. Premiere Dance Inc. is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items brought into the studio.
- Premiere Dance Inc. will not be responsible for any injuries that occur on the premises. Please see full Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk and Waiver and Release form.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER:please call the office after 2:30pm to hear a message regarding any weather cancellations. An email will also be sent. An online option will be made available on the same day and time to replace the in-studio class.
o Registration Fee: $40 (+ HST) is due upon registration and is non-refundable.
o Costume Fee(s): $100 per costume is due on November 1, 2020. Costumes will vary in price. Any additional costs over the initial $100 payment will be paid upon completion of costume and any savings will be put towards your monthly fees or refunded.
- MISSED CLASSES: If your child misses a class due to illness or family emergency, make-up classes can be made available within the current schedule. The online classes may be another option for any missed classes. Please reach out to our office immediately.
- ON LINE / VIRTUAL CLASSES:
o This is an alternative class option to help allow students that are not comfortable being in studio, may not be able to attend in studio classes due to illness or quarantine.
o This will also become the replacement class should another government protocol or 2ndwave of COVID19 close businesses temporarily.
o No additional fees will be levied for online virtual classes. Monthly tuition fees will continue. No credits, refunds or partial refunds will be given.
COVID-19 Quarantine: PLEASE NOTIFY THE STUDIO OR CARLA IMMEDIATELY IF STUDENT IS MISSING CLASS DUE TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19. We will make available to this student an online viewing of the class so they may remain up to date with on-going choreography. No credit or refund.
- MONTHLY PAYMENT METHODS:we accept the following:
- Post-dated cheques
- E-transfers to email@example.com
- Visa or Mastercard – a convenience fee of 3.5% will be added.
o NSF FEES: a $40 NSF fee will be charged to the dancer’s account for:
- Returned cheque (bounced)
- Returned e-transfer
- Returned credit card payment
- STUDENT CANCELLATION/DROP OUT: should a student decide to leave PDI, the following are cancellation notices:
- Registration fee is not refundable.
- Costume payment is not refundable after: January 15, 2021. (Prior to, full refund)
- Monthly tuition will stop the following month after cancellation by student. No refunds or partial refunds for current month (month of cancellation).
- Ballet: Black body suit, pink tights and pink ballet slippers
- Jazz: Any colour body suit, proper tights and foot undies or BLOC black jazz boot
- Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing with white soled running shoes
- Tap: Any colour body suit, tights and black Mary Jane tap shoes
- Acro: Any colour body suit, shorts, fitted tops and bare feet
ATTENDANCE: unless for illness, attendance is very important as each class is a team and consideration should be given to team members, especially during the months before recital when choreography is being taught. The Staff, Students and Parents must work co-operatively to help create a non-competitive, healthy and fun atmosphere within the Studio. Please encourage your child(ren) to be a part of a team . . . the PDI Team.
RECITAL INFORMATION: Premiere Dance will present a Year-End Dance Recital showcasing all the students hard work. All students are to participate in this event.
- If your child is unable to attend, please notify the office by: January 15, 2021
- Date of Recital: Sunday June 6, 2021Location: Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Recital Dress Rehersal: this is mandatory and will take place at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre on the morningof Sunday June 6, 2021 (Schedule to be advised).
- Recital Costumes: costumes will be given out throughout the months of April and May 2021. Costumes will come with all accessories/costume/instruction sheets in a garment bag labeled with your child’s name and class time. Shoes and tights are NOT included in the costume fee.
- Recital Tickets: an email reminder will be sent out. Tickets can be purchased directly from BPAC online. (Varies each year from $30 to $40 per ticket).
RECREATIONAL PICTURE DAY: picture day will be held during the month of May 2021. More details of date and times will be forthcoming in the early new year.
HOLIDAY INFORMATION: the Studio will be CLOSED for the following:
|Thanksgiving||Monday October 12, 2020|
|Christmas Break||Monday December 21, 2020 to Sunday January 3, 2021 (inclusive)|
|Family Day||Monday February 15, 2021|
|March Break||Monday March 15, 2021 to
Friday March 19, 2021 (inclusive)
|Easter Break||Friday April 2, 2021
Sunday April 4, 2021
Monday April 5, 2021
|Victoria Day||Monday May 24, 2021|
Thank you for choosing Premiere Dance Inc.